The OCBA course involves two units of competency, and these are delivered and assessed in sequence to satisfy pre-requisite requirements. The first unit to be delivered is:
PUAFIR210 Prevent injury
This unit involves the skills and knowledge required to identify, maintain and report workplace hazards and risks. It is designed as an introduction to safe work practices and is especially relevant to a workplace requiring personnel to be involved in incidents, prescribed burns and/or operational aspects of emergency management. It includes identifying, implementing and monitoring effectiveness of workplace hazards and risk control procedures.
- Identify Workplace hazard and risks
- Implement hazard and risk control procedures
- Monitor effectiveness of hazard and risk control procedures
PUAFIR207 Operate Breathing Apparatus Open Circuit
This unit of competency involves the skills and knowledge required to select, don, operate and maintain breathing apparatus equipment in a hazardous atmosphere.
The unit applies to personnel who work as a member of a team. Work at this level is undertaken under direct supervision and instruction.
- Conduct pre donning checks and tests on breathing apparatus
- Don and check breathing apparatus
- Operate breathing apparatus
- Conclude operations