A-Boom is an environmentally-friendly fence boom developed to suit most oil spill response purposes across a large number of protected water areas. As a solid float fence boom, it is immediately ready for deployment in the event of an oil spill in a harbour, jetty, lake or other protected water area. Due to the minimal weight of the 15m sections of boom (22kg), it can easily be deployed by a small crew and for convenience can be disposed of by burning after use.
The A-Boom is an inexpensive fence boom designed for first response and rapid deployment in the event of an oil spill in a harbour, jetty, lake or other protected water area. The standard section length is 15m and the connection type is the well-proven U-bolt system for which replacement parts can be easily sourced locally. As the weight of the boom is only 1.5 kg/m, a 15m section weighs only 22 kg.
Unlike many other types of boom, the A-Boom has a certificate showing that it can be burned immediately after operation. The fabric used is polypropylene and the floats are made of HDPE. This simple boom has vertical stiffeners which are made from fumigated bamboo rods which can also be immediately burned. The 15m sections are delivered in a polypropylene bag which can easily be handled by two people.
Advantages of A-Boom oil containment boom:
- Extremely lightweight and can be handled and deployed easily by 1 or 2 people
- Contrary to many other types of boom this boom is based upon materials well known to be accepted for burning after use. Only the chain needs to be removed.
- Despite the low cost, it is still fully UV and oil resistant
- Manufactured from HDPE and PP, with bamboo rods to add rigidity to the boom
- The boom has a standard length of 15m, and is provided in a lightweight bag which is easy to handle
- No ancillary equipment required for deployment or recovery
- Can be easily re-packed for future deployments once recovered
DESMI designs and manufactures an extensive range of systems to recover oil and chemicals from the marine and inland environment. DESMI products include skimmers, booms, storage tanks, power packs, pumps, dispersant systems, vessels and ancillary items.
DESMI’s extensive range of containment booms and oil skimmers supports their oil spill response solutions which are highly trusted in the industry. Whether the requirement is for offshore or shoreline areas; the arctic or equatorial environment, DESMI delivers proven solutions for all spill conditions and offers outstanding life-cycle costs.