The Dräger PSS® 5000 SCBA is a high-performance breathing apparatus for the professional firefighter. Combining advanced ergonomics with a wide range of configurable options, the Dräger PSS® 5000 provides the user with the comfort and versatility to meet the demands of first responders whenever breathing protection is required.
Dräger PSS® 5000
- Ergonomic carrying system
- Advanced harness material
- Service friendly & easy to maintain
- Integrated and Versatile hose routing
- Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
- Electronic Monitoring with the Dräger Bodyguard® 1500 and Bodyguard® 7000 systems
Utilizing the established Dräger PSS 7000 pneumatics and cylinder strap design, the Dräger PSS 5000 combines established technology, state-of-the-art materials and innovative thinking to create an SCBA for virtually any application.
Ergonomic carrying system
The Dräger PSS 5000 has been designed to be not only comfortable but also extremely stable during use in harsh firefighting environments. Incorporating a rigid harness connection to a fixed-height back plate, advanced harness materials and a pivoting waist belt, the Dräger PSS 5000 remains in position regardless of the task in hand.
Advanced harness material
The Dräger PSS 5000 utilizes state-of-the-art harness materials (Dräger Professional DP). Produced to withstand the high wear and tear that firefighters face daily, whilst providing an enhanced level of durability. Incorporating hardwearing stainless steel buckles and long-life Aramid blend webbing, the harness is ideally suited to extended wear and frequent use.
Service friendly & easy to maintain
To keep downtime and costs to a minimum during service and maintenance, the Dräger PSS 5000 incorporates a number of unique design features
Dräger’s innovative Harness “slide and lock” mechanism facilitates fast and simple harness and waist pad connection/removal from the back plate, without the use of tools
The first stage reducer snap fit connection allows the pneumatics to be fitted or removed quickly and easily from the set
“Push in and out” hose clips allow swift removal of hoses from the harness pads for cleaning, without the need to remove the clip itself
Closed, single piece harness and waist pad design to prevent excessive water absorption, reducing cleaning and drying time
Integrated and versatile hose routing
To minimize the risk of snagging and to guard against physical damage, both the gauge and air supply hoses are integrated within channels in the Dräger PSS 5000 back plate. The LDV, Gauge and Rescue hoses can now be routed over the left and/or right shoulders (2 hoses per side), allowing the Dräger PSS 5000 to be configured to any standard. Conventional waist mounted hoses can also be fitted making the Dräger PSS 5000 one of the most versatile SCBA’s available.
Wide variety of system configurations and accessories
Dräger has revolutionized the use of breathing apparatus by creating a range of components that can be selected in combination to meet the specific needs of the firefighter regardless of the task.
In addition to the inherent features of the Dräger PSS 5000, it is also possible to add
- Dräger Bodyguard 7000 electronic monitoring
- Dräger Bodyguard 1500 integrated PASS when used with Tx gauge
- Twin cylinder configuration
- Quick-Connect (QC) cylinder connection
- ChargAir quick filling
- Secondary supply connections for rescue, decontamination and/or airline use
- Dräger PSS® Merlin® Modem
- Dräger PSS® Rescue Hood
- Dräger PSS® Safety Belt
- And many more …
Electronic monitoring with the Dräger Bodyguard 7000
The Dräger PSS 5000 has been designed to be fully compatible with the globally established Dräger Bodyguard 7000 electronic signal and warning unit, and the integrated PSS Merlin Modem.
For maximum protection the Dräger Bodyguard 7000 has a compact design that integrates the power supply and pressure sensor modules within the back plate, creating a balanced weight distribution. Real-time monitoring of essential information such as time-to-whistle (based on current air consumption) and cylinder pressure is communicated via a lightweight handheld electronic gauge and display and/or, a facemask-mounted Head-Up Display (HUD).
Simultaneously this information can be transferred via the PSS Merlin Modem to an Entry Control Board or Xplore tablet / laptop PC running Dräger Merlin Software, further enhancing firefighter and fire ground safety.
Dräger Bodyguard 7000 at a glance
- Accurate, continuously updated air time remaining
- Digital and Analogue display of cylinder pressure
- Time to whistle (based on current air consumption)
- Intuitive operation
- Integrated personal alert safety system (PASS)
- Visual and acoustic warnings and alarms (102 to 112 dBA)
- Easy push-button operation
- Configurable settings to suit individual preferences
- Enhanced display with scrolling text
- Automatic self tests and system tests
- Datalog with personal ID
- PC Link Software (Windows® compatible)
- Choice of operating modes: Tally and Automatic
- Simple upgrade to Dräger FPS® 7000 Head-Up- Display (HUD)
- Simple integration with the Dräger PSS Merlin Modem
Electronic monitoring with the Dräger Bodyguard 1500
The Dräger PSS 5000 can also be fitted with the Dräger Bodyguard 1500, a wireless PASS system which increases wearer safety in potentially hazardous situations. The system draws attention to colleagues in distress by generating distinctive visual and acoustic alert signals and features wireless data transmission from the Tx pressure gauge to the Bodyguard 1500 PASS device.
Dräger Bodyguard 1500 at a glance
- Twin blue fascia LED’s enhance user safety by highlighting wearers position in areas of poor visibility
- Backlit Tx pressure gauge wirelessly transmits pressure data to Bodyguard 1500 PASS device and optional Heads up display
- Visual indication of low air pressure alerts on Tx gauge and Bodyguard 1500 PASS device.
- Integrated thermal alarm on Bodyguard 1500 PASS device alerts the wearer to exposure to elevated and rapidly rising temperatures
- Detachable Bodyguard 1500 PASS can be positioned anywhere on the wearer and can be detached for stand alone use.
- Both the Tx gauge and Bodyguard 1500 PASS devices incorporate datalogging capabilities for downloading incident history