The Ro-Weir is a lightweight aluminium floating suction head for oil spill recovery which can be connected to any suitable suction device. It is highly flexible and can be used in many situations, from open lagoons to oil sumps.
It consists of an angled hand tool for manual guidance of the suction head, a 1m straight pipe with two polyethylene hose floats, and a 0.3m suction pipe for use in minimal space. It is an extremely low cost but powerful skimmer system which requires a minimum amount of storage space.
The Ro-Weir is a versatile and inexpensive floating suction head that can be deployed in a multitude of ways for recovering floating oil in lagoons, separators, pits and hard to reach places such as oil sumps.
The advantages of the Ro-Weir is made possible due to the small size of the suction head to which either long or short suction pipes can be connected – to the back or the top. Manufactured in aluminium the Ro-Weir is very light and comprises a suction head with welded floatation compartments and a manually adjustable weir.
The Ro-Weir is supplied with the following:
- Angled hand tool with shoulder strap for manual guidance of the suction head
- 1 metre long straight pipe with two polyethylene hose floats for connection to the back port for skimming on open areas of water
- 0.3 metre suction pipe for locations where space is minimal or the head is to be lowered vertically into the oil
The Ro-Weir can be connected to any suitable suction pump, vacuum truck or Ro-Vac.
Advantages of the Ro-Weir aluminium floating suction head:
- Floating suction head with adjustable weir entry
- Compact dimensions
- Suitable for industrial lagoons, pits and drains, the Ro-Weir can skim a wide variety of floating materials such as oil, scum, and ash
- Lightweight and versatile
- Connect to any suitable suction pump
- A low cost but powerful skimmer system
- Simple construction ensures low maintenance and long life
DESMI designs and manufactures an extensive range of systems to recover oil and chemicals from the marine and inland environment. DESMI products include skimmers, booms, storage tanks, power packs, pumps, dispersant systems, vessels and ancillary items.
DESMI’s extensive range of containment booms and oil skimmers supports their oil spill response solutions which are highly trusted in the industry. Whether the requirement is for offshore or shoreline areas; the arctic or equatorial environment, DESMI delivers proven solutions for all spill conditions and offers outstanding life-cycle costs