Use a belt skimmer to remove animal, vegetable and petroleum-based oils, grease and oily waste that may float on the water’s surface. The oleophilic (oil-attracting) belt moves through the water surface, returning to the skimmer where rollers remove recovered oils.
Belt -type skimmers work on the difference in specific gravity and surface tension between oil and water, and where oil has an affinity for the belt. As the belt rotates, it passes through the oil and water interface, where the oil adheres to the belt. It is then lifted upwards and scraped from the belt into a collection point.
- The 415 volt belt skimmer is ideal for skimming lube oil, hydraulic oil, diesel or kerosene in industrial and mining sumps, as well as edible oils, animal fats and hydrocarbons at refineries and petro-chemical plants.
- This type of skimmer can be easily hung above a sump, tank or pond on an arm or chain.
- Free hanging belt – no bottom roller, pulley or tensioner.
- Belt can fit through small openings in pits, tanks or sumps.
- A belt-type skimmer can be used with a wide range of oil types and specific gravities.
- Stainless steel housing provides excellent all-weather protection.
- Minimal water pick up.
- The 20cm wide, polymer belt is abrasion and corrosion resistant.
- Standard belt length suits a 2m vertical drop but can be supplied from 1m to 10m in length, in 10cm increments.
- Spare parts and replacement belts readily are available for this type of oil skimmer.
A single phase 240 volt belt skimmer is also available.
|Description||Motor||Oil outlet||Capacity (at 20°C)||Code|
|Belt skimmer||0.18kW, 415 volt||40mm hose tail||120 l/hr (oil) or 50 l/hr (diesel)||BS3P|