Chemical absorbent particulate is used for spills of strong acids, strong bases, coolant, paint, solvents, blood and hazardous liquids. Absorbent particulate features a large surface area and can be sprinkled onto and around the spill with precision.
Hazchem (also known as chemical) absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene which are colour-coded pink for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquids and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Hazchem absorbents are inert and dust-free and will not degrade or chemically react with absorbed liquids.
- Absorbent particulate is ideal for chemical processing plants, paint and panel shops, chemical storage and handling facilities, transport warehouses, food and beverage processing plants, printing and automotive workshops.
- Particulate is ideal for placing on and around a spill to solidify and absorb.
Absorbs and cleans up most acids, bases, paints, solvents, hydrocarbons inks, dyes and aggressive water based liquids on contact.
Made from 100% meltblown polypropylene – able to absorb up to 20 times its own weight in liquid.
Chemical absorbent particulate is an inert, surface-modified polypropylene which does not degrade or chemically react with the absorbed liquid.
High absorbency to weight ratio = lower transport and disposal costs.
Non-allergenic, non-hazardous with no dust.
Fast wicking action allows quick clean up, reduces potential slip hazards and improves safety in the workplace.
- Simple to use without the need for specialised PPE.
- Colour-coded pink for easy identification.
Made in Australia
|Description||Size||Absorbent capacity per bag||Code|
|Chemical absorbent particulate||2.5kg||50 litres||SCHPC|
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Maintenance polypropylene is compatible with, and absorbs most acids and bases.
- The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the MSDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be in accordance with local regulations.