The NanoFlex particulate blocking flash hood provides the comfort and protection you would expect from Bristol Uniforms while striking the perfect balance between mitigating heat stress and filtering harmful particulates found on the fire ground.
Recent studies into firefighter health and well-being suggest that the flash hood is the most penetrable piece of protective clothing worn by the firefighter, a particularly troubling finding considering the face and neck have been identified as areas of significant dermal exposure to potential carcinogens.
Bristol Uniforms revolutionary NanoFlex flash hood has been proven to be 99.8% successful at filtering harmful particulates while remaining lightweight, soft and breathable while minimal sound is produced through head movement resulting in greater situational awareness for the firefighter.
|33 × 8 × 6 cm
- Certification EN13911:2017
- FABRIC: Dupont’s Nomex® and Kevlar® fibres with viscose in a knitted fabric featuring Nomex® NanoFlex
- THL: 469 (W/m2)
- DESIGN: Head design: Separate head with sewn on back and front bib | Back of head: ends at the nape of the neck for improved fit and comfort
- CONSTRUCTION: Head Seams: All head and bib seams are sewn with a flat lock stitch
- THREAD: 100% Nomex®
- LABELS: Each hood is labelled with a label with all four label edges sewn to the hood, identifying material contents, certification, lot#, date of manufacture, and care instructions
- WEIGHT: NanoFlex Nomex® medium 177g | large 185g
- SIZE: Available in medium and large (for a crown size exceeding 57cm)