Use this oil and fuel organic filter for the final polishing of low level oil contaminants discharged from gravity plate separators, interceptor or API pits, settling ponds, dams or storage bunds, prior to being released into the environment.
Organic filters provide peace of mind filtration for power stations, refineries, chemical plants and minesites where potentially contaminated cooling water or process water discharges into rivers, waterways or oceans.
- Standard organic filter is 90cm x 90cm. Filters can be custom made to suit the application and supplied with side rails to allow removal by crane or davit arm.
- Organic oil filters are supplied with stainless steel or galvanised steel frames to suit large and small diameter outlet pipes, drains, flumes, etc. Multiple units can be installed staggered and overlapping.
- Organic oil and fuel absorbent filters can be installed in outlets with a maximum velocity of 1.5 m/sec. They create minimal back pressure and can achieve effluent qualities of <10mg/L (depending on influent conditions).
- Filter material can be replaced when fully saturated with oil.
- Customers can purchase organic oil and fuel material to make their own filters.
- Organic filters are made from a biodegradable, organic cotton absorbent produced from a sustainable resource. It has exceptional oil/fuel absorbency and is able to recover up to 26 times its own weight in oil.
- Organic oil and fuel absorbent filters are highly water-repellent (hydrophobic) with a fast wicking action that locks hydrocarbons into the organic fibre to rapidly soak up mineral oil, synthetic oil, vegetable oil, grease and fat.
- Oil and fuel organic filter pads are 360gsm, biodegradable and water repellent (hydrophobic).
- Being organic, used absorbents may be land farmed, if permitted.
Made in Australia
|Organic oil and fuel filter
|90cm x 90cm
|Organic oil and fuel absorbent roll
|15m x 90cm
Absorbent capacity: Up to 26 times its own weight.
Australian Made and Owned
- Organic oil and fuel filters may be adversely affected by the presence of degreaser in the water. Filter pads may become water absorbent in the presence of degreasers/detergents.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn when handling.
- Used absorbents, being organic, can be land farmed if permitted, incinerated or disposed of to approved landfill in accordance with local regulations