Sorbalite zeolite is a general purpose (also known as universal or all-liquid) absorbent which is ideal for spills of oils, fuels, coolants, degreaser, mild acids & caustics, paints, solvents and most liquids.
Sorbalite zeolite can be used on hard surfaces wherever oils, fuels, chemicals and liquids are stored, handled and spilled.
Sorbalite is suitable for roadside spills, service stations, maintenance workshops, parking areas, refuelling areas, paint and panel shops and automotive workshops.
- Zeolite is a mineral-based universal absorbent used to remove all liquid spills from hard surfaces such as concrete and bitumen. It is ideal when surfaces are weathered and porous.
- Use Sorbalite in windy conditions when a heavy, granular absorbent is required.
Absorbs and cleans up most oils, fuels, solvents, coolant, degreasers, mild acids, bases, paints, inks, dyes and other water based liquids.
Zeolite is able to absorb up to two times its own weight in liquid.
Unlike other kitty litter-type clay absorbents, Sorbalite granules have a large internal surface area that absorbs liquid into it via a capillary action.
Zeolite reduces vapours and odours on contact.
Sorbalite’s small granules reduce potential slip hazards and improve safety in the workplace.
Sorbalite mineral sponge is shipped in a 22L (approximately 15kg) bag and is available individually or as a pallet (56 bags per pallet).
|Description||Bag (weight)||Bag (volume)||Code|
|Sorbalite zeolite mineral sponge universal absorbent||15 kg (approx)||22 litres||SCZEO22|
Absorbent capacity: Up to 30 litres per bag.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Sorbalite zeolite is compatible with, and absorbs most acids and bases. The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the MSDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid.
- Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used