Classic earplugs were the industry’s first foam earplugs, virtually revolutionising hearing protection. Today, the revolution continues. It meets more wearer and environmental needs with its proprietary foams, preferred cylindrical shape, and proven in-ear comfort.
The 3M™ E-A-R™ Classic™ Corded Earplugs were the world’s first foam earplugs and are still one of the most widely used earplugs today. Slow recovery, low pressure foam fits snugly to create a noise barrier that helps protect hearing from loud sounds. The earplugs are both flame resistant and moisture resistant. Bright yellow colour allows supervisors to conduct a quick visual hearing protection compliance check. Recommended applications include chipping, chiselling, drilling, furnace operations, grinding, heavy equipment operations, machining, pouring/casting, power fastening, riveting, sanding, sawing and welding. These earplugs are commonly used in the following industries: agriculture, automotive, chemicals, construction, general manufacturing, healthcare, oil and gas, and pharmaceuticals. These earplugs have a Noise Reduction Rating (NRR) of 29 dB, CSA Class AL. However, research suggests that many users will receive less noise reduction than indicated by the NRR due to variation in earplug fit, earplug fitting skill, and motivation of the user. *It is recommended that the NRR be reduced by 50% to better estimate typical workplace protection. These earplugs are test compatible with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit™ Validation System. Not only is noise present in our daily routines and recreational activities, but millions of Americans work in hazardous noise on a daily basis. Estimates from the National Institutes of Health suggest that approximately 15 percent of Americans (26 million people) between the ages of 20 and 69 have high frequency hearing loss due to exposure to noise at work or during leisure activities. Hearing loss due to noise is almost entirely preventable by judicious use of hearing protection.
- Optimal in-ear pressure
- Hydrophobic (repels water)
- SLC80 21dB (Class 3)
- 3M proprietary slow recovery foam ensures a good custom fit inside most ear canals
- Reduces noise levels up to 28 dB
- Fully tested and approved against EN 352-2
- Cylindrical design fits comfortably and offers an effective acoustic seal
- Textured surface helps them stay in place with jaw movement over long periods
- Compatible with 3M™ E-A-R™ One Touch™ Pro Earplug Dispenser. Refill bottles and bag available
- Available with probed feature for use with 3M™ E-A-RFit™ Dual-Ear Validation System