The 3M™ E-A-Rfit Dual-Ear Microphone Assembly works with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit Dual-Ear Validation System to help employers determine whether workers are receiving adequate hearing protection from their hearing protector. The complete system issues a pass or fail rating for each individual based on the employee’s personal attenuation rating (PAR). Each dual-element microphone connects to probed test plugs, test pods or cushions and measures sound pressure levels inside and outside the hearing protector.
This objective fit testing system provides a personal attenuation rating (PAR) for each worker. In just seconds, it administers a test across 7 standard frequencies, quickly reporting whether their hearing protectors (earplugs, banded, or earmuffs) are effectively blocking the individual worker from potentially hazardous workplace noise. Once every employee’s personal attenuation rating is known, health and safety professionals can utilize this data to enhance their hearing conservation program.
- Intended for use with the 3M™ E-A-Rfit Dual-Ear Validation System
- Dual-ear design tests both ears simultaneously in under five seconds
- Inserts into the back of the 3M™ E-A-Rfit Dual-Ear Enclosure Speaker Assembly
- Each dual-element microphone connects to probed test plugs, test pods, or cushions and measures sound pressure levels outside and inside the hearing protector
- Y-connector between right and left microphone denotes distance user should sit from speaker