The Baby Pod 20 infant transport device provides a thermo-stable environment and is designed to safely transport patients up to 9 kg.
The BabyPod 20 consists of a lightweight carbon fibre outer shell lined with a shock absorbent foam inner layer. The unique metal free construction ensures that it is X-ray translucent and MRI compatible.
Following on from its successful predecessor Baby Pod II, the redesigned Baby Pod 20 features a completely re-engineered lid for better functionality and access within confined vehicle and aircraft space. A newly incorporated CO2 Evacuation System plus an inlet for medical air supply work in conjunction to ensure carbon dioxide is removed while drawing clean ambient air into the patient compartment.
Other improvements include:
- Upgraded strapping system which uses high-tensile webbing and quick-connect buckles to secure the Baby Pod to stretchers
- Upgraded vacuum mattress and positioning straps create a safer and comforting cocoon for the baby
BabyPod 20 has been crash tested to 20 g for up, side and forward directions making it suitable for transport in a ground vehicle, helicopter or a fixed wing aircraft. Complies with AS/NZS 4535:1999. Other standard features include:
- Stretcher fixing straps and infant patient straps
- Patient positioning vacuum mattress
- Tubing Holder and Protective Storage Bag
Accessories for the Baby Pod II include the single use TransWarmer Infant Transport Mattress (BPOD2-NEON03) a non electric patented WarmGel technology which provides even, regulated heating for up to 2 hours while assisting with vibration absorption during transport.
|100 cm||43 cm||30 cm||9.5 kg||2 – 9 kg|