2.4m general purpose absorbent booms absorb all liquids including coolant, solvent, degreaser, paint, blood, mild acids and bases, oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons.
General purpose absorbents are also known as universal or all-liquid absorbents.
Colour-coded grey for easy identification, these general purpose, all-liquid absorbents are ideal for coolants, degreasers, paint, blood, bodily fluids, oils and fuels as well as mild acids, bases and water-based chemicals. Highly flexible, the general purpose absorbent boom can be stuffed into drains, moulded around machinery, pushed under pallets or used to block and divert a spill from entering waterways and drains.
Absorbent booms are:
- Great for industrial sites and factories, mine site and maintenance workshops, factory and warehouse floors, panel and paint shops, fuel handling facilities, oil storage depots, vehicle repair shops and transport facilities.
- Ideal for preventing spills from escaping by forming an absorbent barrier around drums, forklifts, plant and machinery.
- Ideal for storm-water drain protection.
- Tough, durable, non-allergenic, non-hazardous booms with no dust.
- Fast to absorb spilled liquids which in turn delivers improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Our general purpose absorbent booms are made from surface-modified polypropylene which has a high absorbent capacity. They are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature
|General purpose absorbent mini boom||2.4m x 7.5cm||SCM24075|
Absorbent capacity: Up to 16 litres per boom.
Booms can be ordered individually or in cartons of 12
Colour-coded grey for easy identification
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Maintenance polypropylene is compatible with, and absorbs most acids and bases.
- The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the MSDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be in accordance with local regulations.