The Kestrel Fire series portable weather meter is a specialized line released by Kestrel to provide fast and accurate measurement of the critical weather conditions that impact the behaviour of wildland fires. Kestrel Fire weather meters empower fire and emergency personnel with real-time and trend data that are critical in their mission to protect lives, property, and homes.
Targeted toward and practically required for wildland firefighters in both fighting fires and controlled burn situations. This Kestrel 3000 model was a principle factor that changed firefighting equipment standards from the previous standard, the belt weather kit. It cut the weight of dated weather packs, confusion, and time, to this minimalist approach that was revolutionary in firefighting, where users live literally depend on the accurate weather data their Kestrel 3000 provides.
NK was the first to provide accurate relative humidity (RH) measurements from a hand-held weather meter, and the Kestrel 3000 features two patents on its humidity measuring sensors. From the Kestrel 3000’s accurate relative humidity readings, it also calculates the dewpoint and heat stress index —important information to know when working or playing outdoors in hot and humid conditions.
A common accessory for fire departments is the field calibration kit.
Kestrel 3000 Features and Functions
- Current Wind Speed
- Maximum Wind Gust
- Average Wind Speed
- Air, Water & Snow Temperature
- Wind Chill
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Protective cover with sure-grip over moulding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display with backlight
- Waterproof and floats
- The humidity sensor can be recalibrated in the field with our Relative Humidity Calibration Kit.
- User-replaceable impeller
- External temperature sensor
- Patented Quick-Response RH Sensor
Every Kestrel 3000 Includes
- A slip-on protective cover
- Neck lanyard
- CR2032 coin cell battery (Average life 300 hours)
- 5 Year Warranty
- Kestrel Certificate of Conformity