Understanding the environmental conditions surrounding a fire is critical. The Kestrel Fire Weather DROP can be deployed in seconds to begin capturing data from the start of the fire. DROPs are so small they can easily be clipped to a pack or belt loop, and so affordable they can be placed in multiple locations to provide unmanned monitoring. The DROP is powered by LiNK wireless data connectivity and the LiNK iOS and Android App – allowing for remote view of DROP readings as well as hands-free automatic data upload for review whenever the opportunity presents.
- Relative Humidity
- Heat Stress Index
- Dew Point Temperature
- Station pressure
(All data only viewable from an App)
RH (Relative Humidity):
- Accuracy: +/- 2%RH
- Sensors: 10 to 90% 25°C non-condensing
- Calibration Drift: Typically less than +/- 0.25% per year!
Built to Kestrel’s brand specific rugged durability standard, the Kestrel DROPs are waterproof (IP67 standard) and drop-tested to MIL-STD-810G. Users are also able to set threshold alarms where an in-app pop-up will notify a user in range that certain measurement criteria have been met.
- View, chart, record and monitor your environmental conditions
- Real time, Wireless, Graphing functionality
- Access real time or chart the data via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE) on your smart device
- Log options: 2s, 5s, 10s, 20s, 30s, 1min, 2min, 5min, 10min, 20min, 30min, 1hr, 2hr, 6hr, 12hr
- Range of 100 feet for iPhone connection
- Download the Kestrel Connect App directly from the iTunes App store or Google Play.
- Share real-time / logged data with Kestrel Connect app via email, text, and social media.
- Battery life of 6 months – 1 year depending on user settings and logging
- Waterproof / Floats
- The Humidity does NOT need to be calibrated over time as with the Kestrel Wind Meters.