Universal sorbent rolls are specifically designed to absorb all water-based liquids including coolant, solvent, degreaser, paint, blood, mild acids and bases, plus oil, fuel, diesel, petrol and other hydrocarbons.
Universal absorbents are also known as general purpose absorbents or all-liquid absorbents.
General purpose, all-liquid absorbents are colour-coded grey for easy identification and are ideal for spills of coolant, degreasers, paint, blood, bodily fluids, oils and fuels as well as mild acids, bases and water-based chemicals. General purpose rolls are ideal for cleaning up everyday spills or wiping down equipment
Perforated, low lint universal sorbent rolls:
- The low lint finish delivers a durable, abrasion-resistant absorbent where cleanliness with minimal contamination is paramount.
- Perforated along the centre and then every 45cm to make it easy to tear into 45cm x 45cm or 90cm x 45cm sections
- Use in power stations and generating facilities, for hydraulic system spills as well as maintenance and minesite workshops, panel and paint shops, chemical processing facilities, vehicle repair shops, fuel and oil facilities, service stations and transport depots.
- Standard duty polypropylene absorbent material features a high rate of absorbency for spills, leaks and drips.
- It’s a tough, durable, non-allergenic and non-hazardous absorbent.
- These sorbents work quickly for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Poly sorbents can be squeezed and re-used if necessary (substance permitting).
- Poly sorbents are simple and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Our general purpose absorbent rolls are manufactured from raw polypropylene which has a high absorbent capacity. They are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
|Perforated, low lint general purpose absorbent roll||40m x 90cm||Up to 124litres per roll||SCM40SLP|
General purpose absorbent rolls are ordered individually.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the SDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be in accordance with local regulations.