An inflatable air curtain boom is a low-cost inflatable boom which is easy to store, fast to deploy and ideal for use on a variety of waters.
The Neptune inflatable air curtain boom is an impervious (non-absorbent) air-filled, inflatable containment boom designed for fast spill response situations. Its 1530mm total height makes it ideal for use in rougher open waters.
The air curtain boom is ideal for short term or longer term deployment in harbours, rivers, ponds, dams or other rougher waters.
- Neptune inflatable air curtain boom performs well in rougher waters.
- This boom is easy to handle, store and deploy from bags, cages or reels.
- Neptune inflatable air curtain boom features excellent wave following characteristics.
- Integral air chamber which supports the weighted curtain.
- An inflatable air curtain boom is manufactured by high frequency fabric welding in 15 metre or 30 metre sections.
- Neptune boom is UV and oil resistant with a buoyancy to weight ration of 25:1.
- Choice of 900gsm PVC or 800gsm urethane.
- Each section has anchor points and extruded aluminium ASTM end connectors to allow multiple lengths to be joined together.
How does an inflatable curtain boom work?
Air inflatable curtain booms have an air chamber that inflates and a skirt that hangs beneath the water surface. They have good wave-following properties and are easy to store and clean. Small air booms are fast to deploy when stored in bags or on reels.
Notes about oil containment booms:
Floating booms or impervious barriers that trap oil on the water’s surface are universally called oil containment booms. They are generally manufactured from PVC or urethane material and are able to withstand the harsh conditions and elements typically found at an oil spill. Oil containment booms typically consist of the following elements:
- Freeboard – the part of the boom above the water’s surface. Designed to deflect or contain an oil spill.
- Skirt – the impervious barrier below the water’s surface. Skirt depth varies according to boom type.
- Ballast – located at the bottom of the skirt and keeps the boom upright in the water.
- Connectors – allow multiple boom lengths to be joined together to form one long continuous barrier.
|Neptune air inflatable curtain boom||1530mm||580mm||950mm||NEP1530|
General boom fabric: Woven polyester scrim coated PVC
Boom colour: Yellow (650gsm) or orange (900gsm) PVC
UV resistance: Excellent
Chemical resistance: Resistant to hydrocarbons, acids, alkalis and solvents
Boom connections: Extruded aluminium – ASTM standard
Operational temperature: -20c to +80c
Buoyancy to weight: 25:1
Anchor system: 10kg to 35kg anchors depending on boom and conditions.