Standard duty oil absorbent mats are ideal for cleaning up larger spills or wiping down equipment in both wet and dry conditions.
Oil absorbent mats are ideal for workshops, warehouses, loading docks, factories, transport depots, fuel and oil handling facilities, vehicle repair shops, service stations and maintenance workshops.
Oil and fuel absorbents are made from meltblown polypropylene and are colour-coded white for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up oil and fuel spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
- Oil absorbent mats are great for bilge and floor mop up in ships, boats, naval and service vessels, oil rigs and floating platforms.
- Standard duty meltblown polypropylene mats feature high absorbency for larger oil and fuel spills, leaks and drips.
- Large surface area provides maximum coverage on floors, work stations and under pipes and equipment.
- Oil absorbent mats are a tough, durable, non-allergenic, non-hazardous and dust-free absorbent.
- Absorbent mats feature excellent water-repellent characteristics (hydrophobic) so are suitable to use in the rain or float on water to absorb oil and fuel only.
- Rapidly absorbs hydrocarbon spills for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Absorbent mats can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple, lightweight and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
|Description||Pack size||Absorbent capacity per pack||Code|
|Oil and fuel absorbent mat – standard duty 90cm x 90cm||80||Up to 224 litres||SCOF90S-80|
Standard duty 90cm x 90cm oil and fuel absorbent pads are supplied in packs of 80.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- Maintenance polypropylene is compatible with, and absorbs most acids and bases.
- The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the MSDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be in accordance with local regulations.