Heavy duty oil sorbent pads are ideal for cleaning up everyday spills or wiping down equipment in both wet and dry conditions.
Oil sorbent pads (also known as hydrocarbon absorbent sheets) are ideal for workshops, warehouses, loading docks, factories, transport depots, fuel and oil handling facilities, vehicle repair shops and maintenance workshops.
Oil and fuel absorbents are manufactured from meltblown polypropylene and are colour-coded white for easy identification. These absorbents are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in oil and have a fast-wicking action to clean up spills quickly. Oil and fuel absorbents are hydrophobic, which means they repel water. This makes them ideal for cleaning up oil and fuel spills in wet environments, including ponds, sumps, drains, lakes, rivers, creeks or in the rain.
- Oil absorbent pads are great for bilge and floor mop up in ships, boats, naval and service vessels, oil rigs and floating platforms.
- Heavy duty meltblown polypropylene pads feature high absorbency rates for oil and fuel spills, leaks and drips.
- Oil absorbent pads are a tough, durable, non-allergenic, non-hazardous and dust-free absorbent.
- Oil and fuel absorbent pads feature excellent water-repellent characteristics (hydrophobic) so are suitable to use in the rain or float on water to absorb oil and fuel only.
- Rapidly absorbs hydrocarbon spills for improved safety and productivity in the workplace.
- Hydrocarbon absorbent pads can be squeezed and re-used.
- Simple, lightweight and easy to use without the need for specialised PPE.
Actual absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
Heavy duty oil absorbing pads are supplied in packs of 50 or 100.
Need something a little thinner or more flexible? Take a look at our standard duty oil and fuel absorbent pads here.
Hydrocarbon absorbent pads are able to absorb up to 20 times their own weight in liquid by encapsulating the liquid within the polypropylene’s fine fibres.
|Description||Pack size||Absorbent capacity||Code|
|Oil and fuel absorbent pad – heavy duty 45cm x 45cm||50||Up to 70 litres||SCOF45T-50|
|Oil and fuel absorbent pad – heavy duty 45cm x 45cm||100||Up to 140 litres||SCOF45T-100|
Heavy duty 45cm x 45cm oil and fuel absorbent pads are supplied in packs of 50 and 100.
- Absorbent capacity will vary depending on liquid viscosity, specific gravity and temperature.
- The suitability with a specific chemical should be confirmed by referencing the SDS, a compatibility chart or sample testing. We can provide samples as required.
- Absorbents retain the characteristics of the absorbed liquid. Appropriate PPE should be worn and disposal of used absorbents should be in accordance with local regulations