This permanent deployment boom is an impervious (non-absorbent) boom designed for long term or permanent deployment in all water and weather conditions, including rough water.
A permanent deployment boom is ideally suited for surrounding vessels at refuelling wharves, jetties, drilling and dredging operations, protecting dam entrances, power station outlets and other applications when a heavy duty, permanent barrier is required.
This permanent deployment boom features;
- Rotationally-moulded, high visibility yellow polyethylene (HDPE) foam-filled floats.
- A heavy duty, chemically resistant geomembrane skirt
- The galvanised steel ballast-weighted skirt makes maintains the boom’s position and integrity in virtually all conditions.
- Permanent deployment booms performs excellently in open water.
- Marine booms are manufactured in 20 metre sections and feature an overall height of 450mm.
- Permanent deployment booms are UV and oil resistant with a buoyancy to weight ratio of 4:1.
- Sections have two anchor points (per 20 meter section)
- Extruded aluminium ASTM Z F962 connectors allow multiple lengths to be joined.
- Replaceable wear strips protects the floats from abrasion.
How do permanent deployment marine booms work?
These marine booms are a heavy duty permanent or long-term boom that feature moulded, foam-filled floats, a heavy duty skirt and lead ballast weights. They are suitable for all weather conditions.
Notes about oil containment booms:
Floating booms or impervious barriers that trap oil on the water’s surface are universally called oil containment booms. They are generally manufactured from PVC or urethane material and are able to withstand the harsh conditions and elements typically found at an oil spill. Oil containment booms typically consist of the following elements:
- Freeboard – the part of the boom above the water’s surface. Designed to deflect or contain an oil spill.
- Skirt – the impervious barrier below the water’s surface. Skirt depth varies according to boom type.
- Ballast – located at the bottom of the skirt and keeps the boom upright in the water.
- Connectors – allow multiple boom lengths to be joined together to form one long continuous barrier.
|Specification||Equipment / Size|
|Fabric||CoolGuard FTL30 – 1100gsm|
|Material (floats)||Foam-filled HDPE|
|Boom connectors||Extruded aluminium ASTM Z F962 | Australian Standard|
|Weight per metre||5.2 kg|
|Anchor points||2 per 20m section|
|Ballast chain / tension member||8mm | hot dip galvanised|
|Buoyancy to weight||4:1|
|Section length (standard)||20 metres|