The Stainless Steel Weir skimmer is a floating, suction-type skimmer for removing oils and fuels from the water’s surface. Weir skimmers are ideal for use on ponds, lakes, dams, rivers, harbours and marinas.
These tough skimmers use a self-adjusting weir that floats and finds the oil/water interface and allows the surface layer (oil) to be drawn over the weir and into the bowl. They are available in either marine-grade aluminium or AISI 316 stainless steel construction.
Weir skimmers are ideal for use with self-priming, suction-type pumps in all types of spill recovery and other environmental and industrial applications.
- The weir skimmer’s specially designed concertina and floating ring automatically re-adjusts the skimming depth 10mm to 20mm in rougher waters, minimising the amount of water skimmed.
- This stainless steel 5,000 litre per hour weir skimmer can operate in very shallow water.
- Lightweight and easily moved and operated by one person.
- This weir skimmer is supplied with five metres of reinforced suction hose and a camlock adaptor.
- Use the optional trash screen to prevent debris from entering the weir.
- This small weir skimmer recovers up to 5000 litres per hour of oil.
- For oil spill recovery, the spill should be contained and concentrated/thickened with the use of an oil containment boom. The weir skimmer can then be placed where the oil is thickest.
Made in Australia
|Description||Oil recovery rate||Code|
|Weir skimmer – stainless steel construction||5,000 litres per hour||WEIR5TSS|
|Construction||316 stainless steel|
|Finish||316 stainless steel|
|Floatation||Stainless steel foam-filled pontoons|
|Weir Ring||Polyethylene foam-filled|
|Discharge Hose||Five metres – 25mm PVC|